Friday, July 27, 2012

Ready or not...

Baby #4 is not far from arrival...technically only a little more than 5 weeks away!  We had our 34 week appointment today and I was also scheduled for an ultrasound to check on baby's weight (I had lost 4 pounds in the last month).  The ultrasound went well, they were able to see everything they wanted to get measurements. Met with the doctor....our baby is small.  4lb. 6oz. and in the 9th percentile.  Head and legs measured normal, the abdomen is where it is small.  Doctor thinks perhaps the placenta is not giving baby everything it needs.  If the measurements on head, abdomen and limbs were all small, she would be concerned about some sort of syndrome, but that is not what we are looking at.  Any babies less than 10% they check on twice a week until delivery.  So now I begin that routine like I did with the twins.  Two appointments per week with ultrasound and non-stress test at each one.  She said that if baby remains small, they will deliver me at 37 weeks. (This happens to be Mason's birthday.)  Dr. E said she is not overly concerned, but she doesn't want to blow this off either.  While the extra appointments are kind-of a pain, I'm thankful for good healthcare and a close eye on our munchkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment