Monday, April 11, 2011

Grace for the Moment

The last 24 hours have been a bit of a blur as I am tending to the needs of the three kiddos on less than an ideal amount of sleep. Crying, changing, feeding, burping, playing, sleeping, cooing, smiling, rocking and do it all over again. Tonight Tony went to play basketball for a little bit and I had the three munchkins on my own. After periods of crying from all 3 of them, I found myself with a contented sleeping baby in a swing at my feet, a hand tied up with a sleeping baby in my arms, and a hand on my feverish sleeping toddler. It was quiet and they were all three sleeping and my hands were full. In that moment, I looked at what was before me and said, "Thank you, Lord, for giving me grace for this moment." He and his strength is what is sustaining me moment by moment. A friend of mine sent me a message just a little bit ago and said, "I prayed for you many times today." This statement humbles me and brings me to my knees, again thankful to have made it through today.

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father. Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed thy hand hath provided. Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment